We are committed to making our council work for the many, not the few, whilst protecting local people from the impact of Tory and Lib Dem austerity, which has held Haringey back for too long. Cllr Joseph Ejiofor - Leader of Haringey Council
Haringey Labour is delivering real change for our residents, making a difference where it is needed most and continuing to protect the most vulnerable in our society.
We are committed to making our council work for the many, not the few, whilst protecting local people from the impact of Tory and Lib Dem austerity, which has held Haringey back for too long.
Haringey is our home, and we’re proud of it. However, we know that too many people still lack good quality, genuinely affordable housing, and access to secure and well-paid jobs.
Haringey Labour is committed to making positive interventions in our local economy and community, to build council homes on council land, to redesign council programmes from youth services to adult social care, to develop a community wealth building strategy and to involve residents as our partners.Over the next four years we are committed to:
- Delivering at least a thousand new council homes at council rents by 2022.
- Extending Council Tax relief to the 100% for our least well-off residents
- Paying all council-contracted Care staff the Living Wage by 2022
- Establishing a Fairness Commission; to empower Haringey’s residents and communities in council decision-making
- Working with schools to provide a free school meal for every primary school child by 2022
I have been a Councillor here in Haringey for 8 years, I’ve got two daughters at local schools. Haringey is home for me and I’m proud to lead a vibrant and diverse borough that embodies the values of community and resilience which I have fought for throughout my life.
Leader of Haringey Council